[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Overriding EntityHome.persist problems

MikeDougherty do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 9 19:55:11 EST 2007

I've got some rules that will validate an entity before it is saved to the database, according to what I've read the best place to do that is in the Home.persist method. However, in the Home.persist method the getId and getInstance methods always return null. I expected them to contain the Entity that is about to be persisted, is this not a correct assumption?

I injected an instance of the Entity and it seems to contain the form data. This works, and I'm cool with, but is this the *right* way?

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4026810#4026810

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4026810