[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Resource GC problem

Kevin.Conner@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 11 19:41:39 EDT 2007

Hiya Tim.

The server side issue is with Messaging :-)

The ServerSessionEndpoint code contains an executor for each instance.  Unfortunately nothing shuts down the executor which means that the threads created by the executor are never destroyed.

I modified the messaging code to include a call to executor.shutdownNow() in ServerSessionEndpoint.close() and this appears to have done the trick.

Kurt's test is now up to 40000 iterations and the client/server look stable.

I'll give it a longer run over the next day or so.

Kev

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027003#4027003

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027003