[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Conversation and Tree+Tab Layout with @End

app4you@yahoo.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 11 21:51:19 EDT 2007

Hello,

Yes, I have successfully implemented the tree + tab with Seam very sucessfully but please let me explain a bit more so that we can make the application more realistic and interesting using Seam + AJAX4JSF.

Like petemuir said, the tree is in session scope and the application module is in conversation.  However, the application's edit mode is required to be in the edit mode all time, no matter how many times the Save/Update button got clicked until the user clicks on the Done button explicitly to end and redirect to the main search screen, which its action method got annotated with the @End @Remove.

Now the critical question I would like to ask: If user clicks on the tree item to get back to the module search screen instead of clicking on the Done button to end the conversation properly, will there be performance issue involved or will there be collision somewhere along the way?  Assume that the application has a lot of modules that being are used simultaneously by an end user within an hour time frame.  Also, Gavin suggested a while ago that we can set the conversation timeout the same as the HTTP session timeout and that's what I am using, 30 minutes :).   So within 30 minutes and alot of un-ended conversations going on, is it OK?  I can use PULL technique but not really elegant.

This is a very common use case in everyday and I hope someone, Gavin or petemuir, to shed some light on.

Thank you for replying to my question.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027018#4027018

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027018