[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: LDAP authentication and Role-based permissions question

ndrw_cheung do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 11:22:27 EDT 2007

I believe in the configuration that I sent up in my orginal post, the authentication works (otherwise I will get a "login failed" message.) However, it just cannot get to the portal.

I thought the LDAP server is only used for authentication and not for looking up the role permissions by the portal if I use LDAPLoginModule. Therefore I thought I have to enter into the database the user and the role it is assigned to.  Could you please explain in more detail this is not the case?

Thanks.

  -Andrew

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027203#4027203

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027203