[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: Add method to MDB for jmx/mbean?

rocken7 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 12 16:32:28 EDT 2007

My MDB class implements MessageListener, which already has default JMX lifecycle methods: the org.jboss.ejb3.ServiceDelegateWrapper.

There are activation properties well documented here:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfigJMSMessageListener

I tried adding the @Management tag to the MDB class, which does not affect anything.

Does the @MessageDriven tag on the MDB class make this impossible?

I tried forking off the management methods into an abstract class, then in the MDB class specify @Management(MyJMXBase.class) which blows b/c the MDB class needs to implement MessageListener (even tho my abstract class implements MessageListener):

ExceptioN:
unable to determine messagingType interface for MDB

So

I put @Management(MyJMXBase.class) tag on the MDB class (which extends MyJMXBase), implement MessageListener directly, and this does nothing.

What is needed to add a JMX operation (method) to an MDB?

I can't find any docs on @Management anyway, so it feels like i'm fishing ...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027328#4027328

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027328