[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - jsp:param name attribute Weblogic - JBOSS Migration

mistapony do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 13 00:51:10 EDT 2007

Hi, I am in the process of migrating one of our projects from Weblogic to Jboss.  Everything is going quite well until I bring up pages that contain an expression in the name attribute of jsp:param

For example we currently have a lot of the following in many jsp's

<jsp:param name="<%=MyForm.FORM_STYLE%>" value="registerStyle"/>

I get the follwing error when bringing up the page:

 [jsp] - Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
  | org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /editProfileContent.jsp(730,0) The name attribute of the jsp:param standard action does not accept any expressions
  |         at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:39)

Weblogic never complained about this.  Does anyone have any idea of a work around?  Or any thoughts on this.

Appreciate any help,

~chris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027413#4027413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027413