[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: JBoss 4.0.5 and JBoss 4.2 CR1 plus JBossWS 1.2 - Does it

ltenmatay do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 13 11:51:31 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : 1.) Did you run the install script? It should copy wsrunclient to 'JBOSS_HOME/bin'.

As far as I can remember, yes I did, but I just checked the build.xml file, seems it should be copied whatever version of JBoss AS.   Anyway, this can be a mistake on my part.  I used the JBoss 1.2 SP1 and seems the wsrunclient.bat is there now.

Btw, stax-api.jar and wstx.jar are not present in JBoss 4.0.5 and JBoss 4.2 CR1.

anonymous wrote : 2.) What exactly does castor send? Why don't you use a JBossWS client in conjunction with the Dispatch API?

The actual xml string.  OK, will check dispatch.

anonymous wrote : The last point is a JAXB issue. Make yourself familiar with the way JAXB works.

Ah yes, JAXB 2.0 is really something, that is why I wanted to use it.  But in this case, seems JBoss should have handled unmarshalling and marshalling properly.  I just followed the guide and was able to send messages properly.  Problem was that they were not unmarshalled properly on receiving end and not marshalled properly on response side.  Btw, I turned on logging in debug mode, and didn't see any problems.  Well actually, no errors were thrown.

anonymous wrote : Please keep in mind that community support is delivered at free will and should actually be driven by JBossWS users.

Yes, you have a good point there.  Maybe I will take a look at the source if I had time.  Anyway, using axis right now since I really need to make it work.  Will migrate to jboss if I finally solve the problem.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027589#4027589

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027589