[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - late data source initialization

sshrestha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 13 17:07:53 EDT 2007

JBoss: 4.0.4, jvm: sun j2se 1.5.0_10
I have a struts/hibernate webapp deployed in server/defcp/deploy/myApp.war and it uses a data source bound to jndi.  Problem is the webapp/hibernate seems to start to initialize before the datasources are initialized: so the application initialization fails the first time.
This probably happens because I have a Class that extends Struts' Plugin class which starts at application startup that make database calls.

Then after the datasources are initialized properly, JBoss seems to initalize the webapp/hibernate again,  and after that everything seems to work.

Is there a way I can force all the datasources to initialize first before JBoss starts to work on the webapps?
I looked at http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=DependOnDataSource.  If I define a MBean for the datasource, would this problem go away?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027703#4027703

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027703