[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - cache passivation problem

dan.washusen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 02:16:06 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I seem to be having some problems getting the passivation functionality working with jboss-cache 1.4.1.SP2.  I'm expecting the cache to write the entry to disk whenever I call the put method, but it doesn't seem to be happening.

The documentation and other posts on this forum seem to suggest that I can just set the passivation property to "true" in my CacheLoaderConfiguration and it should just work.  As far as I can tell, it's just creating an empty directory matching the location property and nothing else...

I've essentially just copied the CacheLoaderConfiguration element from the provided "local-passivation-service.xml" file into the "replSync-service.xml" file and commented out the TransactionManagerLookupClass property as I'm running in tomcat.

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |
  | <!-- ===================================================================== -->
  | <!--                                                                       -->
  | <!--  Sample TreeCache Service Configuration                               -->
  | <!--                                                                       -->
  | <!-- ===================================================================== -->
  |
  | <server>
  |
  |     <!--<classpath codebase="./lib" archives="jboss-cache.jar, jgroups.jar"/>-->
  |

  |     <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |     <!-- Defines TreeCache configuration                                      -->
  |     <!-- ==================================================================== -->
  |
  |     <mbean code="org.jboss.cache.TreeCache"
  |            name="jboss.cache:service=TreeCache">
  |
  |         <!--<depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>-->
  |         <!--<depends>jboss:service=TransactionManager</depends>-->
  |
  |         <!--
  |         Configure the TransactionManager
  |     -->
  |         <!--<attribute name="TransactionManagerLookupClass">org.jboss.cache.DummyTransactionManagerLookup</attribute>-->
  |
  |         <!--
  |             Isolation level : SERIALIZABLE
  |                               REPEATABLE_READ (default)
  |                               READ_COMMITTED
  |                               READ_UNCOMMITTED
  |                               NONE
  |         -->
  |         <attribute name="IsolationLevel">REPEATABLE_READ</attribute>
  |
  |         <!--
  |              Valid modes are LOCAL
  |                              REPL_ASYNC
  |                              REPL_SYNC
  |                              INVALIDATION_ASYNC
  |                              INVALIDATION_SYNC
  |         -->
  |         <attribute name="CacheMode">REPL_SYNC</attribute>
  |
  |         <!--
  |         Just used for async repl: use a replication queue
  |         -->
  |         <attribute name="UseReplQueue">false</attribute>
  |
  |         <!--
  |             Replication interval for replication queue (in ms)
  |         -->
  |         <attribute name="ReplQueueInterval">0</attribute>
  |
  |         <!--
  |             Max number of elements which trigger replication
  |         -->
  |         <attribute name="ReplQueueMaxElements">0</attribute>
  |
  |         <!-- Name of cluster. Needs to be the same for all clusters, in order
  |              to find each other
  |         -->
  |         <attribute name="ClusterName">TreeCache-Cluster</attribute>
  |
  |         <!-- JGroups protocol stack properties. Can also be a URL,
  |              e.g. file:/home/bela/default.xml
  |            <attribute name="ClusterProperties"></attribute>
  |         -->
  |
  |         <attribute name="ClusterConfig">
  |             <config>
  |                 <!-- UDP: if you have a multihomed machine,
  |                 set the bind_addr attribute to the appropriate NIC IP address, e.g bind_addr="192.168.0.2"
> [...]

Cheers,
Dan

p.s. thanks for all your work on JBoss Cache...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027820#4027820

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027820