[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Validating errors in JBoss Seam using FacesMessages

lara do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 04:23:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am using jboss-seam-1.2.0.PATCH1 and I am try to display a message for unique names. I mean I am adding a client and the name should always be unique, I added the following in the ClientHome.java class:

  | @Override
  | 	public String persist() {
  | 		try {
  | 		    return super.persist();
  | 		    }
  | 		catch(Exception e)
  | 		    {
  | 		     if (e instanceof javax.persistence.EntityExistsException) {
  | 		     FacesMessages.instance().add("name", "Client Name should be unique");
  | 		    }
  | 		    return null;
  | 		    }
  | 	}

The problem is that the error is catched and I have no bug in the application but the message is not displayed and I am getting the following on the server:

  | ERROR [STDERR] com.sun.faces.lifecycle.RenderResponsePhase execute
  | INFO: WARNING: FacesMessage(s) have been enqueued, but may not have been displayed.

How can I solve this issue?
Any help is appreciated!

Best Regards,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027839#4027839