[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: JBoss 5beta1, JSF1.2 and Netbeans Visual Web Pack

h0ppy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 09:18:58 EDT 2007

Hi Stan,

I deployed my app to JBoss 4.2CR1 and the good news is the malformed error has disapeared!  The bad news is I am getting the same error from the woodstock components:

  | 12:42:28,578 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
  | org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP:
  |
  | An error occurred at line: 5 in the jsp file: /Index.jsp
  | The method setId(String) in the type UIComponentClassicTagBase is not applicable for the arguments (JspValueExpression)
  | 2: <jsp:root version="1.2" xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" xmln
  | s:webuijsf="http://www.sun.com/webui/webuijsf">
  | 3:   <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" pageEncoding="UTF-8"/>
  | 4:   <f:view>
  | 5:     <webuijsf:page binding="#{Index.index}" id="index">
  | 6:       <webuijsf:html binding="#{Index.html}" id="html">
  | 7:         <webuijsf:head binding="#{Index.head}" id="head">
  | 8:           <webuijsf:link binding="#{Index.link1}" id="link1" url="/resources/stylesheet.css"/>

It's a little bit strange becuase I'm not using a jspValueExpression on the id attribute (I assume that means a #{...} expression). I checked the TLD file for the components and could find nothing untoward there.  I can only assume that the version of UIComponentClassicTagBase in JBoss is not what the components are expecting. Do you know what version if the jsf-api/impl are used by 4.2?

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Regards,
Jason

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4027903#4027903

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4027903