[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem with length validator on inputtext

idylle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 13:03:46 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using seam 1.2.0PATCH1 with a PostgreSQL Base.
I've got a problem with Validator Length.

Here is my entity code :
@Column(name = "colaff", nullable = false, length = 1)
  | 	@NotNull
  | 	@Length(max = 1)
  | 	public char getColaff() {
  | 		return this.colaff;
  | 	}

Here is my page code :
<h:outputLabel for="colaff">
  |                         colaff
  |                     </h:outputLabel>
  |                     <s:decorate id="colaffDecoration">
  |                         <h:inputText id="colaff"
  |                                required="true"
  |                                   value="#{collectivitesHome.instance.colaff}">
  |                             <a:support event="onblur" reRender="colaffDecoration" />
  |                         </h:inputText>
  |                     </s:decorate>

The inputtext "colaff" has to be filled with one character.
I fill it with one character but I can't validate my form, I have a message "colaff length should be between 0 and 1". If I put a javascript alert to verify the value and length of the input, I have just one character, no hidden character seams to be added to what I typed.

I really don't understand what's wrong, do you any idea for me please?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028042#4028042

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028042