[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Re: Deployment ordering

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 14 15:16:11 EDT 2007

Dimitris ,

I am bit confused after reading the Forum Reference (http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=78376&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20) mentioned in that JIRA.

In one of the posts in that forum reference, you mention that

anonymous wrote : Maybe a simpler/better solution is to add in jboss-app.xml a new tag:

  | <module-order>implicit|strict</module-order>
  |
  | with 'implicit' being the legacy behaviour, and 'strict' work by simply putting the the application.xml & jboss-app.xml modules in that order.
  |
  | If modules from the 2 descriptors need to be arbitrarily mixed (e.g. a -ds.xml before an ejb jar), they can always be moved to jboss-app.xml (we already support this).
  |
  | The only restriction is a module must appear only once in the 2 descriptors.
  |
  | This is essentially the same with adding a new list (like unified-order) but we reuse the existing one, and add the extra flag to specify what we want.
  |
  | On the other hand, I would argue that 'strict' should be the default, which is the "correct" behaviour, especially in the absence of a jboss-app.xml descriptor. If an old deployment gets broken, they can simply add the 'implicit' flag.

1) Has this been implemented, in the jboss-app dtd at http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-app_4_0.dtd i could not find a mention about this.

2) Considering the following entries in application.xml and jboss-app.xml:

application.xml:

<module>
  |   <ejb>myEjb.jar</ejb>
  | </module>