[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Null Layout when portlet maximized

nollie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 15 11:01:33 EDT 2007

Hello.  I have been tasked with upgrading our AS from jboss-4.0.3SP1 to jboss-4.0.5.GA, and our portal from 2.2.1-SP3 to 2.4.1.  Both the AS and portal where downloaded and unzipped manually.  My JDBC driver, jboss-portal.sar, and portal-hsqldb-ds.xml have been copied to the /server/default/lib.  At the moment I am only working with the hypersonic database.

Almost everything works at this point.  In addition to migrating my portlet descriptors I have been bringing our layout into compliance with JBoss standards - in the past we were not using many portlet styles and had no controls in the title bar.   I have my portlet decorations and contols  rendering correctly in my portlet title now and all of the controls work except for maximizing a portlet.

The exception:

anonymous wrote : javax.servlet.ServletException: No null layout allowed here
  | 	org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.process(PortalServlet.java:315)
  | 	org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.doGet(PortalServlet.java:173)
  | 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
  | 	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
  | 	org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
  |
  | root cause
  |
  | java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No null layout allowed here
  | 	org.jboss.portal.theme.LayoutDispatcher.(LayoutDispatcher.java:87)
  | 	org.jboss.portal.theme.impl.JSPLayout.assembleResponse(JSPLayout.java:54)
  | 	org.jboss.portal.core.command.MarkupCommand.execute(MarkupCommand.java:363)
  | 	org.jboss.portal.core.command.ControllerCommand.dispatch(ControllerCommand.java:84)
  | ... *snip*

I have searched the forums and found a thread or two concerning this exception where the solution seemingly had to do with the database connectivity.  Since my entire portal is working except maximizing, I'm inclined to say I have a different problem.  That said, we've never tried maximizing our portlets before so it could be some old mistake made before I started.

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

   Nollie

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028423#4028423

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028423