[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Issue with convertDateTime when backing bean date is null

borisrodman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 15 15:31:55 EDT 2007

I would like to navigate to a page responsible for setting a date on a backing bean:
The backing bean (cof) is already loaded in the seam context
but its date property is not yet set (null)

the page code is

<h:inputText id="date" value="cof.date" required="false">
  |  	<s:convertDateTime pattern="MM/dd/yyyy"/>
  | </h:inputText>
  | <s:selectDate for="date" >
  | 	<h:graphicImage url="../img/dtpick.gif" style="margin-left:5px"/>
  | </s:selectDate>

Issue is:
When I navigate to this page I get the following error message:
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "cof.date"

Does anyone knows a workaround that do not involve presetting the date on the backing bean before rendering the page ?

regards
boris

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028506#4028506

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028506