[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Injecting Business Process context scoped variables

mgombocz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 15 16:21:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've defined a workflow that is started by a method called "receive(...)" (annotated with @CreateProcess). In this method I outject a variable named "workEffortId" into the Business Process context.

My jPDL is rather short (start-node -> transition -> task-node -> transition -> end-node).

In the 1st transition I have defined an action expression which calls a method called "assignToTimeSheet". In this method I inject variable "workEffortId" (Business Process context), but it is always null!

If I call "assignToTimeSheet" in the 2nd transition, "workEffortId" gets the value that was outjected in "receive(...)".

So, my assumption is that, because jBPM performs a transaction commit at the 1st wait-state (in this example at the task-node) and "assignToTimeSheet" is called before, Seam tries to read data that have not been committed yet, which results to a null value.

Alternatively using an async node is not yet supported by Seam (see http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-161).

Does anybody has an idea how to solve this?

Thx,
Manuel

PS. See my example code below (excerpts).

Workflow "receiveWorkEffort"

  | <?xml version="1.0"?>
  | <process-definition name="receiveWorkEffort">
  |
  |     <start-state name="start">
  |         <transition to="enter">
  | 	<action expression="#{workEffortReception.assignToTimeSheet}" />
  |         </transition>
  |     </start-state>
  |
  |     <task-node name="enter" end-tasks="true">
  |         <task name="enterDocumentation">
  | 	<assignment actor-id="#{processInstance.contextInstance.variables['actorId']}"/>
  |         </task>
  |         <transition name="done" to="complete" />
  |     </task-node>
  |
  |     <end-state name="complete"/>
  | </process-definition>

Methods "receive" and "assignToTimeSheet":

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028529#4028529

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028529