[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Create EAR with EJB3 and JAX-WS

oskar.carlstedt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 15 20:38:13 EDT 2007

After some investigations I finally found that an web service annotated bean cannot reside in a JAR-file, it must be placed in a war file. These are my thoughts right now, so the following must be applied:

a EJB jar file containing my EJBs
a war file containing my JAX-WS endpoint

so, in maven2 there will be three project for such a small thing.
- a beans project with packaging set to "ejb"
- a web project with packaging set to "war"
- and a era project with packaging set to "ear" (this project is empty, except for the pom.xml)

Thanks for the help.

Best
Oskar

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028620#4028620