[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Setting up JBoss database for deployment

Hattifnat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 16 07:51:10 EDT 2007

Thanks a lot - now I understand how it should work and what is happening here. But the current state is such:
I started the JBoss server, so I presume I have the Hypersonic database running (my web browser jmx console shows it as StateString: Running).
I should link the hypersonic.cfg.xml to this database.
I can see that DatabasePath of the HypersonicDB is "/usr/local/jbpm-starters-kit-3.1.4/jbpm-server/server/jbpm/data/hypersonic/localDB". I should point the cfg file to this path.
I open the default src/main/config/hibernate.cfg.xml file from the project which contains such entries:
    <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect</property>
  |     <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver</property>
  | <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:hsqldb:mem:.;sql.enforce_strict_size=true</property>
  |     <property name="hibernate.connection.username">sa</property>
  |     <property name="hibernate.connection.password"></property>
  |
  |     <property name="hibernate.cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.HashtableCacheProvider</property>

As much as I understand the crucial is the entry
<property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:hsqldb:mem:.;sql.enforce_strict_size=true</property>

So  try to put there "jdbc:hsqldb:/usr/local/jbpm-starters-kit-3.1.4/jbpm-server/server/jbpm/data/hypersonic/localDB"
but this doesn't work...
I'm sure I still don't quite understand how this database should be linked. Could someone explain it to me? Am I going the right way at all? Thanks for any help :)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4028749#4028749

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4028749