[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - User propagation from jboss portal web context to the user w

mchan_98 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 16 15:19:08 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

My portlet has a link to a servlet within the same web application.  However, since portlet is deployed by the JBoss portal web app and my servlet has its own web context, the user credential is not shared between the two.

e.g. In my portlet code,
I have:
request.getRemoteUser() == "myuserId"

but in my servlet code,
request.getRemoteUser() == null

Note that both the portlet and the servlet are from the same WAR file.

Here is my portlet link:
https://www.obeliskfinancial.com/portal/authsec/portal/Sundial/Reporting

Within the portlet page, I have a link to my servlet in the same war (note the different context path)
https://www.obeliskfinancial.com/sundial-web/ReportingServlet?designFile=somefile

Is that an expected behavior or a bug in Jboss?  I dig through the JSR 168 spec and cannot find anything.  Have anyone experience this?

environment:

jboss-portal-2.4.0 [bundle download]
OS Platform [Redhat Linux/Windows XP]

Thanks,