[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - SerializationException

eelgueta do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 17 13:05:37 EDT 2007

Hi All,

When I'm persisting some entities, everything seems to be going fine, util I get this error:

  | javax.ejb.EJBException: org.hibernate.type.SerializationException: could not serialize
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.Ejb3TxPolicy.handleExceptionInOurTx(Ejb3TxPolicy.java:69)
  | 	at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:83)
  | :
  | Caused by: org.hibernate.type.SerializationException: could not serialize
  | 	at org.hibernate.util.SerializationHelper.serialize(SerializationHelper.java:152)
  | 	at org.hibernate.util.SerializationHelper.serialize(SerializationHelper.java:172)
  | :
  | Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException: cl.navix.benji.HotelReservationBooking
  | 	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1081)
  | 	at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeArray(ObjectOutputStream.java:1251)

How can I tell what's wrong with this class?

I'm using JBoss 4.0.3 SP1. And the class is quite simple: 6 int fields, 1 varchar and 1 text (in database).

Any help. very welcomed as this is confusing! A very similar class has no problem.

Thank you.

Edo.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029054#4029054

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029054