[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Extended Persistence Context without EntityManager

dan.j.allen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 18 23:41:31 EDT 2007

Hmm, what you said makes perfect sense, though I feel that I did not do a good job of stating my question.  As a proud owner of JPwH I can positively say that I understand that Hibernate is a provider of the JPA standard (and a very good one!)

Let me try to be a bit more clear.  I want to put my Hibernate session factory (or Session?) in the conversation scope so that it reattaches to the JDBC data source on a new request, but still uses the same first-level session cache.  However, I would like to be able to do so without the EJB-microcontainer.  It appears that Seam must rely on the microcontainer to use the extended persistence context, and when it does so, it always appears to inject it using the EntityManager as a target.

Perhaps this pseudo-code would be more clear.  I want to be able to do:

@PersistenceContext(type=EXTENDED)
  | Session session;

Is something like this possible?  Or would it be more like the configuration below?

<core:managed-hibernate-session name="extendedSession" scope="conversation" />

Basically, if there were anyway that the Seam developers could provide an example of a long running conversation that avoids the use of detacted objects using ONLY hibernate sessions, we would do backflips for you.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029193#4029193

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029193