[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - How to find out current node/state in process instance?

yamert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 19 12:39:04 EDT 2007

Hello!

I'm actively investigating jBPM, therefore I'm writing appropriate tests.
I've defined one test, that starts a new process instance (creates one via JbpmContext, saves into DB).

Second test should get the newest process instance from DB, and continue it.
I do it by calling GraphSession.findProcessInstances(aProcessDefinitionFromDB);

The question is: how second test can detect, which is the current wait state?
Alas, jBPM API description is rather poor (I mean jbpm-3.1.4, and API docs that are attached to the distributive), and the only thing I could find was ProcessInstance.getRootToken() --but it seems to return a reference to the start state...

How can I decide, for example, which node transition to activate, if I don't know at which node the process instance is currently?
Why there's no a method like ProcessInstance.getCurrentToken() or ProcessInstance.getCurrentNode()?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029380#4029380

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029380