[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: @Restrict - No redirection to Error Page

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 19 13:26:11 EDT 2007

I think I know the problem.

If you are calling this method as a value expression during the render phase of the JSF lifecycle, its not going to work. What you need to do is understand the JSF and servlet specs:

There is no way I can send a redirect after I have already started to render the response. So Seam doesn't try to do that.

So, if you need to do this kind of thing, you need to do it in a page action or something, not while evaluating a value expression.

This is described in the documentation, of course.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029405#4029405

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029405