[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Dependent Fields in 2 Classes Best Practice?

gzoller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 19 16:46:19 EDT 2007

Thanks for the feedback!  Chuck's argument is hard to resist--best accurate data is using the db and using db logic the performance hit shouldn't be terrible.

I've implemented a computed field using a @Formula annotation on the spentAmt's getter and this works great--almost.

One problem:  After I add an Expense (expense edit page) I redirect to my Project screen, but I still see the old calculated value for spentAmt.  For some reason the new value reflecting my Expense addition isn't rendered.  If I manually refresh the screen using the browser then I do get the correctly computed (new) values.  Huh?

Any idea why isn't my computed field being refreshed when the page is rendered?

Thanks!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029498#4029498

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4029498