[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Overriding default jsf-messages in messages.properties

mugwump do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 13:46:33 EDT 2007

Can I use the message.properties to override the jsf-default-messages?! I added

javax.faces.component.UIInput.REQUIRED=Please enter a nice value for this field.

to my messages.properties, but I''m still getting getting the default-message for a h:inputText with required="true".

Is this supposed to be working (it works fine for the validator-messages, though. Adding a validator.assertFalse=Totally wrong assertion overwrites the default).

Any hints what I am doing wrong?!

Cheers
stf

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4029912#4029912