[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam Tools, Project Structures, and IDEs

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 20 17:55:41 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : We felt that the final incarnation of Exadel studio as RHDS would be more in tune with our technology choices of JSF, Seam, Hibernate, Jbpm and probably JBoss.

Yes, of course, but this will take several months of work.

anonymous wrote : However, we are somewhat perplexed as to what type of project to use.

There really are a LOT of advantages to starting with the seam-gen structure. I did a lot of work on things that will take you a while to reproduce if you try to do it all from scratch. (like, weeks of work!)

However, there's nothing magical about it, and other structures can work just as well.

anonymous wrote : We tried starting with an Java Enterprise Application project, but couldn't get Eclipse to deploy it with the jboss-seam.jar & other jars in the root directory of the ear.

Yes, the Eclipse WTP is crap, and doesn't work, AFAICT. They have no concept of an EAR, which is just totally broken and nonsense. I refuse to use this broken stuff.

anonymous wrote : Our only other concern is whether we need to go with an Ant driven project so we can get the benefits of exploded deployments.

Now that I use this stuff every day, I can't imagine not having it.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030018#4030018

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030018