[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Integrate user defined Resources (suggestions needed)

baz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 21 06:35:33 EDT 2007

Hello,
I am using http://jooreports.sourceforge.net/?q=jooreports with quite a success. (If you have questions about this please ask)
Now i am searching a (the best) way to integrate the user written template into my app.
For now, the template is stored at an absolute position and a fixed filename on the server. But this is not recommended.
What are the best ways to integrate this file more flexibel.
My thoughts go in this directions:
1. deploy time property (specifys the filename and uri) and
1a. loading it via new FileInputStream(templateFile)
1b. loading it via org.jboss.seam.util.Resources.getResourceAsStream
or
2. Using the seam resource servlet

The first option (1a) yields the possibility to store the file outside of tomcat in any directory on the server. Whereas, for the other options, the file must(?) be stored inside the appcontext in tomcat.

For (2.) i do have no experience with it.  Is it the right approach to use? I have to retrieve an InputStream for a resource on server side for use only on serverside. Where can i find an example, documentation and so on.

Any comments?

BTW: For downloading the generated report i use the approach described here:http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=103039
Ciao,
Carsten