[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Deploying MyFaces 1.1.5 portlet to JBossPortal2.4.1

kevs3d do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 21 10:58:12 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm attempting to deploy a MyFaces 1.1.5 based portlet to JBossPortal2.4.1 (bundled with JBossAS) - i'm getting a long stream of exception from MyFaces, on the lines of:

  | 11:36:33,909 ERROR [FacesConfigurator] failed to configure class org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.ext.HtmlRadioRenderer
  | java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.ext.HtmlRadioRenderer
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configureRenderKits(FacesConfigurator.java:754)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configure(FacesConfigurator.java:149)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.initMyFaces(MyFacesGenericPortlet.java:210)
  |         at org.apache.myfaces.portlet.MyFacesGenericPortlet.init(MyFacesGenericPortlet.java:128)
  |         at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.init(GenericPortlet.java:270)
  |         at org.jboss.portal.portlet.container.PortletContainer.initPortlet(PortletContainer.java:387)

an exception for each MyFaces component.

I've tried "upgrading" the portal to MyFaces 1.1.5 (by simply overwriting the myfaces api/impl Jar in the tomcat.sar jsflibs folder with the newer ones). but it doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas on how to solve this - does my application need to be compiled against MyFaces 1.1.4 - the same version as in the original bundled tomcat jsflibs?

Thanks,

Kevin

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030258#4030258

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030258