[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Collection Injection in the MC

weston.price@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 21 15:23:31 EDT 2007

I have a the following bean config

  |    <bean name="MCFBuilder" class="org.jboss.resource.deployers.builder.ManagedConnectionFactoryBuilder"/>
  |    <bean name="PoolBuilder" class="org.jboss.resource.deployers.builder.ManagedConnectionPoolBuilder"/>
  |    <bean name="ConnectionManagerBuilder" class="org.jboss.resource.deployers.builder.ConnectionManagerBuilder"/>
  |    <bean name="ConnectionFactoryBindingBuilder" class="org.jboss.resource.deployers.builder.ConnectionFactoryBindingBuilder"/>
  |    <bean name="MetaDataTypeMappingBuilder" class="org.jboss.resource.deployers.builder.MetaDataTypeMappingBuilder"/>
  |
  | <bean name="ManagedConnectionFactoryDeployer" class="org.jboss.resource.deployers.ManagedConnectionFactoryDeployer">
  |        <property name="builders">
  |            <list>
  |                 <value class="org.jboss.resource.deployers.builder.ManagedConnectionFactoryBuilder"><inject bean="MCFBuilder"></value>
  |            </list>
  |        </property>
  |       <install bean="MainDeployer" method="addDeployer">
  |       </install>
  |       <uninstall bean="MainDeployer" method="removeDeployer">
  |       </uninstall>
  |       <property name="type">jca-ds</property>
  |    </bean>

Basically all the builders simply extend an abstract class. I understand that I have to list the element class when doing something like this. When I try to deploy I get the fairly cryptic message on startup:

  | Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}plainValueType type of element {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}value should be complex and contain {urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0}inject as a child element.
  |         at org.jboss.xb.binding.parser.sax.SaxJBossXBParser.parse(SaxJBossXBParser.java:187)
  |         at org.jboss.xb.binding.UnmarshallerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:147)
  |         at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.helpers.SchemaResolverDeployer.parse(SchemaResolverDeployer.java:80)
  |         at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployer.parse(AbstractParsingDeployer.java:176)
  |         at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.deployers.helpers.AbstractParsingDeployer.createMetaData(AbstractParsingDeployer.java:114)

I have tried a few different things but nothing seems to make the MC/JBossXB layer happy. Suggestions? I assume I am missing something as this is a pretty basic use case.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030358#4030358

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030358