[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - How Do I See the XML?

flindet do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 21 16:26:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm new to JBossWS.  I'm using JBossWS 1.2.0.SP1, installed into JBoss AS 4.0.5.

I've created an SEI Document/Wrapped web service (unless I'm confused).  I have unit tests that prove that my web service is working.  It's a very simple web service based heavily on the "echo" example included with JBossWS.

It's my understanding from reading the documentation that somehow JBossWS is converting between Java objects and XML, presumably via JAXB.

anonymous wrote : JAX-WS simplifies the development model for a web service endpoint a great deal. In short, an endpoint implementation bean is annotated with JAX-WS annotations and deployed to the server. The server automatically generates and publishes the abstract contract (i.e. wsdl+schema) for client consumption. All marshalling/unmarshalling is delegated to JAXB

I'd like to see the XML that's theoretically being generated and passed along the wire so that I can 1) confirm it matches the schema I expect and 2) better understand how this is all working.

Ideally, I'd also like to have a unit test that looks at the raw XML because my expected client will not have JAXB, and will probably be in a .NET environment.

None of the code that I wrote invokes an Unmarshaller.  I'm assuming this is magically done for me.

Can anyone shed some light and help me learn where I'm confused?  Thanks for your help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030366#4030366

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030366