[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Deploying messaging in minimal server

Russ Weeks rweeks at redback.com
Wed Mar 21 18:53:22 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'd like to get some more information about this statement in the JBoss
Messaging User's Guide:

"currently works with a standard JBossAS 4.0.x, 4.2.x and JBoss 5.x
installation and also as a JBoss Microkernel-based standalone deployment."

This is largely due to my unfamiliarity with JBoss: what's the
difference between a Microkernel-based standalone deployment and the
'minimal' server configuration of JBossAS?

I would like to implement JMS messaging in my application using JBoss
Messaging, but I need to make this as lightweight as possible.  I was
encouraged to see that the minimal server configuration is under 1Mb,
but the installation instructions in the User's Guide:

cd util
ant -f release-admin.xml

create a configuration with a 35Mb footprint.  Is there any way to trim
this down?

Thanks,

Russ