[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & Deployment] - Yet another ClassCastException

djeanprost do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 22 12:54:26 EDT 2007

may be related to http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=104346

Hello,

After many searches, many headaches, I've reached the end and I still doesn't find a way to achieve what I want.

I have 2 wars containing the same lib. These 2 wars are deployed in default/deploy. They also use spring.jar that I want them to share, I put it in default/lib of my server. My deployment strategy is :
- what is common but not made by me (hibernate, spring, jsf, ...) is put under default/lib
- what is common but made by me is deployed within each of my wars.

If I deploy only one war, my application works well. If I add the second one, then I get something that looks like classcastException : spring tells me it can't set a value to a property arguing they are not from the same type.

I tried to use a specific class-loading in my jboss-web.xml :
<class-loading>
  |       <loader-repository>
  |       toto:loader=war1
  |       </loader-repository>
  |    </class-loading>
for the first war, and
<class-loading>
  |       <loader-repository>
  |       toto:loader=war2
  |       </loader-repository>
  |    </class-loading>
for the 2nd one. It doesn't change anything.

So please someone help me.
Regards,
dom

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030720#4030720