[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Timeout parameter - can I specify timeout per request?

tom.elrod@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 22 15:06:27 EDT 2007

What should happen (at least with 2.2.0 code) is when a server is killed while processing a client invocatoin, the client will get a connection reset exception (is a SocketException that is actually thrown internally).  Internally, remoting client catches that SocketException and re-tries the invocation (several times).  I think the delay you are seeing is due to the number of times it retries along with the amount of time it takes for the connection timeout to kick in (i.e. timeout * numberOfRetries * numberOfCallRetries).

If want immediate failure, can set numberOfRetries and numberOfCallRetries  to 0 (see http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossremoting/docs/guide/ch05.html#d0e1088).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030784#4030784

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030784