[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: dynamic clients for JBossWS/JAX-WS endpoints

mreis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 23 02:33:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

isn't @WebServiceProvider something that acts on the server side, that receives SOAP (or XML/HTTP in the case of RESTful services) messages, does something with the incoming message (and probably returns a result as a SOAP or XML/HTTP message)?

I thought that I wouldn't have to bother about the server side implementation of the WebService (it may be @WebService or @WebServiceProvider or something else) on the client side (that should only interface with the WSDL ServiceContract and not necessarily know anything about the server side expect from that) - Please correct me if that assumption is NOT correct!

So I think I will have to do something with Dispatch (https://jax-ws.dev.java.net/jax-ws-ea3/docs/dispatch.html) rather than Provider, but it is not clear to me if/how I can avoid writing JavaObjects for my custom complex data types.

Any further help/guidance is very much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4030937#4030937

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4030937