[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Can't access session facade bean

EricChile do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 23 14:44:33 EDT 2007

I don't understand why I am getting a classcastexception...

>From the rmx console

  |  +- SDS_DATA (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   +- SessionEJB (class: org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext)
  |   |   |   +- local (proxy: $Proxy97 implements interface org.usiis.model.SessionEJBLocal,interface org.jboss.ejb3.JBossProxy,interface javax.ejb.EJBLocalObject)
  |   |   |   +- remote (proxy: $Proxy96 implements interface org.usiis.model.SessionEJB,interface org.jboss.ejb3.JBossProxy,interface javax.ejb.EJBObject)

My java code

  | import javax.naming.Context;
  | import javax.naming.InitialContext;
  |
  | import org.usiis.model.SessionEJB;
  | import org.usiis.model.SessionEJBLocal;
  |
  | public class ContextManager {
  |
  |     private final String oc4jRemote = "SessionEJB";
  |     private final String bossRemote = "SDS_DATA/SessionEJB/remote";
  |     private final String bossLocal = "SDS_DATA/SessionEJB/local";
  |
  |     public ContextManager() {
  |     }
  |

  |     public SessionEJB getRemoteContext ()throws Exception {
  |         final Context context = new InitialContext();
  |          //SessionEJB b = (SessionEJB) context.lookup(oc4jRemote);
  |          SessionEJB b = (SessionEJB) context.lookup(bossRemote);
  |
  |         return b;
  |     }
  |

  |     public SessionEJBLocal getLocalContext() throws Exception {
  |         final Context context = new InitialContext();
  |         SessionEJBLocal b = (SessionEJBLocal) context.lookup(bossLocal);
  |
  |         return b;
  |     }

The error

  | 2:35:36,674 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy97
  | 2:35:36,674 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.usiis.view.backing.ContextManager.getLoca
  | Context(ContextManager.java:30)

Can anyone explain why the cast is not working?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031168#4031168

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031168