[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Intercepting component installation

christian.bauer@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 24 16:51:42 EDT 2007

I'm writing some (configuration level) code that needs to know which Seam components are installed. It actually needs to know which Seam components also have a @my.Configuration("description") annotation.

My current approach is to register these manually in components.xml:

  | <component name="systemConfiguration" class="SystemConfiguration">
  |     <property name="configurableComponents">
  |     </property>
  | </component>

Ideally I'd like to either listen to events send by the Seam deployer, or if that is way to early in the boot to get events/listeners going, I'd like to access the Seam component "repository" programmatically later on. I only found methods like Component.forName(), no Component.getAll().

I'm also thinking about subclassing ComponentScanner as ConfigurationScanner and scanning again for my annotation, but that is probably slowing down the boot procedure.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031333#4031333

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031333