[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - interaction between Seam Scanner and VFS in JBAS5.0

charles.crouch@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 25 12:14:25 EDT 2007

I just wanted to start a discussion around the interaction between org.jboss.seam.deployment.Scanner, particularly the scan() method, and the Virtual File System (VFS) implementation which is used as part of JBAS5.0.

Here is a JIRA describing a symptom of the problems with the current integration
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4241

Here is an initial discussion on the topic with Scott:
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=104907

For those that don't know about the VFS a description is given here:
http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBossKernelDeployment

VFS source is here:
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/vfs/

I'm not familar with the plans for Seam in terms of deployment management but maybe the VFS could be leveraged in this effort? I apologize if these issues have already been discussed. At a minimum though Seam and the VFS need to integrate better in order for Seam apps to be deployable in JBAS5.0.

Maybe we could start out by discussing the goals for org.jboss.seam.deployment.Scanner and its subclasses and seeing how they can be achieved in a way that is compatible with the use of the VFS in JBAS5.0.

Cheers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031403#4031403

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031403