[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problem with selectItems

hasc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 26 11:23:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

im trying my best to get a selectbox filled with objects. I tried the following simple example:

  | @Stateless
  | @Name("buildinglist")
  | public class ItemListAction implements ItemList,Serializable{
  |
  | 	public List buildingList;
  |
  | 	@Factory("buildingList")
  | 	public void listBuildings(){
  | 		this.buildingList = new ArrayList();
  | 		SelectItem item = new SelectItem("1", "My First Item");
  | 		this.buildingList.add(item);
  | 		item = new SelectItem("2","My Second Item");
  | 		this.buildingList.add(item);
  | 	}
  | }

and i try to access and display it via the followin code:

  | <h:selectOneMenu>
  | 		<f:selectItem itemLabel="" itemValue="null"/>
  | 		<f:selectItems value="#{buildingList}"></f:selectItems>
  | </h:selectOneMenu>

when i request the page i get the following error;

  | "Expected a child component type of UISelectItem/UISelectItems for component type javax.faces.SelectOne(j_id10).

Can someone help me please...

regards,
hannes

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031625#4031625