[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - EJB, servlet and local interface

steinrr do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 26 13:50:18 EDT 2007

I am trying to reach a local interface to an EJB from a servlet - all deployed in the same ear-file.

I have uses the jmx-console and found that the local interface is put in the global JNDI contect as local/@72625241.

It seems that "local/" is static between deployments, while the @"" differs from each deploy. Is there any way to look this up even if the last part of the name is not static?

I have solved this by putting <ejb-ref> and <ejb-local-ref> in the web.xml of my web application containing the servlet, which makes it appear in the java:comp/env-context of my webapplication.

I'd hoped there was a way of doing this lookup without having to add ref-entries in web.xml - any good ideas? I don't want to use jboss.xml either because it will deployed to multiple platforms.

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031720#4031720

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031720