[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Beginner needs help with sql/ejb-ql

balteo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 26 14:12:26 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have the following question about sql and ejb-ql:

key pk action
  | 1   1  I
  | 1   2  U
  | 1   3  U *
  | 4   4  I *
  | 5   5  I *
  | 6   6  I
  | 6   7  D

My boss forces me to use a flat table as above. Here is what happened to this table:

1. A user inserted a record (key and pk == 1)
2. They then updated the same record. You will notice that the "key" is the same (pk == 2)
3. They then updated the update. Key is the same and pk ==3
4. They then inserted a fresh record (pk ==4)
5. Fresh insert again
6. Fresh insert again
7. Delete of immediately previous fresh insert

You will notice that for each action I have an insert into the db (this is for logging/history purposes).

I need to be able to retrieve all record that would have survived the updates and deletes through sql i.e. those marked by a star.

What would be the sql and the ejb-ql for that?

Any clue welcome,

Thanks in advance,

Julien Martin.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031733#4031733