[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Handle HTTP errors or Exceptions gracefully

engela do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 07:06:44 EDT 2007

I quite like to configure my portal or my portlets to go to an error page if an exception or Http Error is thrown. To so I have added the usual error page elements to the web.xml of my portlet as well as to the web.xml file in jboss-portal.sar/portal-server.war/WEB-INF:

<error-page>
  |     <error-code>500</error-code>
  |     <location>/error.jsp</location>
  | </error-page>
  |     :
  |     :
  | <error-page>
  |     <exception-type>javax.portlet.PortletException</exception-type>
  |     <location>/error.jsp</location>
  | </error-page>

There is a error.jsp in the root of my portlet as well as in jboss-portal.sar/portal-server.war diretory. Despite this the generic "HTTP Status 500" error page generated by Tomcat is displayed when my portlet throws a PortletException.

Does anyone know how to configure the portal or a portlet to display a specified error page if a HTTP error or Exception is thrown.

Thanks,

Anette

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031977#4031977

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4031977