[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Question on Stateless Session Bean

hasc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 08:13:19 EDT 2007

Hi,

i have want a stateless session bean to serve Objects to a selectItems component. So far i have adopted a stateful bean from the dvd example to serve the objects.

the code is the following:

@Stateful
  | @Name("building")
  | public class BuildingListAction implements BuildingList,Serializable{
  |
  | 	private List<BuildingType> buildings;
  | 	Map<String,BuildingType> buildingsMap;
  |
  | 	@PersistenceContext
  |     EntityManager em;
  |

  | 	@Create
  |     public void loadData() {
  |         buildings = em.createQuery("select b from BuildingType b")
  |               .setHint("org.hibernate.cacheable", true)
  |               .getResultList();
  |
  |         Map<String,BuildingType> results = new TreeMap<String,BuildingType>();
  |
  |         for (BuildingType buildingtype: buildings) {
  |         	results.put(buildingtype.getName(),buildingtype);
  |         }
  |
  |         buildingsMap = results;
  |     }
  |
  | 	public Map<String,BuildingType> getBuildings(){
  |
  | 		return buildingsMap;
  | 	}
  |
  |     public Converter getConverter() {
  |         return new BuildingConverter(buildings);
  |     }
  |
  | 	@Remove @Destroy
  | 	public void destroy() {}
  | }

my question is now what is necessary to make this bean a stateless bean. I stuck at the point where to initialize the list and where to execute the query.

Thanks a lot.
regards,
hasc

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4031991#4031991