[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Security constraints for portlets

tajh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 16:08:45 EDT 2007

Months later...

I think there is a programmatic way to do this.  I have had the same issue, using JBP 2.4.  You can implement a custom org.jboss.portal.theme.render.DecorationRenderer, or just subclass org.jboss.portal.theme.impl.render.DivDecorationRenderer (assuming you are using the divRenderer in your *-object.xml either specifically for that portal object or as the default renderer) and override render() and reimplement renderModeAndStateLinks() (because it's a static method in DivDecorationRenderer for some odd reason) .

I will be attempting this.  The open question is whether I can find enough implementation in the RenderContext parameter to figure out who the user is and what she can access.  Hopefully I can somehow get access to the RenderRequest object, and then I will be able to get all the information I need.

Hope this helps someone else.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032190#4032190

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032190