[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam in a J2EE Environment

gavin.king@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 17:26:40 EDT 2007

1) Depends what you mean. We currently have no special integration of JBoss AOP into Seam (though it is something we will probably do at some point in the future). However, by nature, JBoss AOP can enhance *any* class, it does not need to be any special kind of component. OTOH, most things that you might think you need AOP for can be accomplished via a Seam interceptor, which is just a MUCH easier construct. Add a meta-annotation to an annotation, then use the annotation on your Seam components. For things like logging, this is more than what you need...

2) Yes, but you would need to write some kind of factory or manager component for the EJB 2 bean (this is not hard, but nor is it as simple as it could be if Seam had built-in support for EJB3). We don't have anything built-in to Seam today. However, if this is some kind of blocking issue for you, let us know and we will implement it, it is already on the todo list, but no-one asked for it yet.

3) Depends. If you have the same interface, with multiple roles, you disambiguate via the component name. If you are simply trying to mock stuff out for tests, you use @Install(precedence=MOCK), which is IMO waywaywayway easier to use and more elegant than the XML-based solutions found in other IoC solutions. This is very well-covered in the latest reference docs for 1.2.1.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032217#4032217

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032217