[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to link to page using level of indirection

henrik.lindberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 27 19:15:29 EDT 2007

I really need help - I am stuck on this.

Basically I want to do:

But I have failed to figure out how to create such an URL.
If I use s:link I can call the method viewForObject and pass a paramter and get the view back, but then the parameter is lost (it is applied to the invocation of the action).

I then thought about using multiplen h:outputLink with static declaration of the various viewids and using

  | rendered="#{viewSelector.viewForObject(x) == 'view-x'}"

but that is not valid (or? can this be made to work?)

I then looked at doing this with a page navigation rule instead, but my head starts to spin - how do this with page rules?
Should I have a fictious page-id that I navigate to with
redirects depending on the outcome of my method? Or add a page that never gets rendered, only redirected from? But how do I get the value of x.id in there?

Any help much appreciated...
Regards
"confused newbie"

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032244#4032244