[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Confusion on Conversation, Event-Observe, and Bijection

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 28 10:12:16 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have a SFSB1 - it has an a field that is marked @In @Out.  This same bean has an @Observer method that listens for an event raised by another SFSB2.

Here is the trouble I am having.  In a conversation, I click a link which invokes a method on SFSB2 - this method in SFSB2 is annotated with @RaiseEvent("MyEvent"), which SFSB1 is 'Observing'.  When the @Observer("MyEvent") method gets invoked (due to the event), SFSB1 is throwing a NullPointerException on the field marked @In @Out.

  | 09:28:35,015 ERROR org.jboss.seam.exceptions.DebugPageHandler - redirecting to debug page
  | org.jboss.seam.RequiredException: @Out attribute requires non-null value: realmManager.application

When I coded this, I assumed that @RaiseEvent would fire after outjection occurs on the SFSB1 method - i.e.

invoke SFSB1 method
 - @In occurs
 - method proceeds
 - @Out occurs
 - @RaiseEvent fires

from the exception, this looks like what is actually happening is:

invoke SFSB1 method
 - @In occurs
 - method proceeds
 - @RaiseEvent fires
 - @Out occurs (?)

Is this second case what is actually happending?  If so, isn't the first case a better way to go if you want to have bijection work with raise+observe events?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032337#4032337

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032337