[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: developing a new portal

Mallika do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 28 13:57:13 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am a newbie to J2EE. I downloaded JBoss AS 2.4 and going through the tutorial - http://docs.jboss.org/jbportal/v2.4/reference-guide/en/html/tutorials.html#d0e1661.

I am having difficulty understanding the package structure. I am not using any IDE so unable to figure out how this Build.xml works. There is no step by step guide which can tell you how they came up with this war file structure. Their tutorial says "If you have downloaded the sample, you can execute the build.xml with ANT or inside your IDE." but did not explain how build.xml was written(manually or using IDE). It is difficult for a newbie to understand these sample portlets deployment.

If you happen to find any book or reference, please let me know.

I will post some examples if I find something good.

Thanks,
Mallika

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032481#4032481

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032481