[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Is the detached invoker compliant with different versions of

mtedone1 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 28 17:07:36 EDT 2007

Hi, I'm architecting a JMX Distribute Agent Level application where remote clients will use the detached Invoker to start/stop/monitor Schedule jobs running on different Jboss services. My architecture consists in having the remote client as a war file deployed on a Tomcat s.c. and having the client to retrieve a JNDI Context through HttpNamingContextFactory.

In order to do so, I'll need jbossall-client.jar in my war (for the factory to be found). In a scenario where I have, say:

1) Service1 --> Jboss 3
2) Service2 --> Jboss 4.0.2
3) Service3 --> JBoss 4.0.5GA

and supposing that I'll pack jbossall-client taken from JBoss 4.0.5GA, will the communication with the naming service on Service1 work? I mean will the proxy returned by the HttpInvoker be compatible between different versions?

Thanks for any reply.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032546#4032546

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032546