[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EL Enhancements dont work in facelets tag file

dustismo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 28 19:16:34 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm not sure if you would consider this a bug, but it took me all day to figure out where the problem was.  Hopefully this will help someone out, if it is fixable I can attach a very simple example.

Problem: parameters passed to facelets tag files are always null when used in an action.

Examlpe tag file (exampleTag.xhtml):

  | <s:fragment
  | 	xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
  | 	xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" >
  |
  | 	Value is: #{value}
  | 	<h:form>
  | 		<h:commandLink action="#{exBean.echo( value )}" value="Click Me!"/>
  | 	</h:form>
  | </s:fragment>

Where exBean.echo just prints the value to std out. The value is displayed correctly on the rendered page, but is always null when passed to the action.  This is obviously a problem of scope.

Here are the other files needed to reproduce..

(example.taglib.xml)

  | <?xml version="1.0"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE facelet-taglib PUBLIC
  |   "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Facelet Taglib 1.0//EN"
  |   "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-facesconfig_1_0.dtd">
  |
  | <facelet-taglib>
  | 	<namespace>http://www.example.com/tags</namespace>
  | 	<tag>