[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Assign a generic sub-process task in the parent process?

avbentem do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 29 05:22:06 EDT 2007

I guess I could use TaskInstance#setSwimlaneInstance to change the swimlane on the fly.

The documentation states that the actor is "remembered in the process for all subsequent tasks that are in the same swimlane". I hope this also applies to sub-processes. If so, then I can set a specific Actor for the employee and customer swimlanes at the beginning of the process. Next, within the sub-processes I would then alternate the swimlane using #setSwimlanceInstance (well -- if I can get to the parent process, given a sub-process). jBPM would then still know which Actor was assigned to that specific swimlane.

Just for the archives: see also the post "asign swimlanes in execution time".

I'll give it a try; any thoughts on this? For example I wonder if I could abandon an existing SwimlaneInstance when changing the swimlane on the fly. In other words: I wonder if I need to do some clean-up when the process ends, if I changed swimlane instances myself?

To be continued...
Arjan.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4032673#4032673

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4032673